the fewer the seeds...

Don't let anyone look down on you because you're young. 

I've been feeling a lot of that lately. I'm a twenty year old that sometimes feels like a sixty year old and then acts like a six year old. It seems I've lived so many lives and I carry a load of luggage and then I realize, "I've only just begun." It's a privilege, but most of the time I don't know what to do with it.

I've been observing a lot of things I don't agree with but I don't feel I have the place or the courage to say something. It's quite frustrating. Even with so many of the different experiences I've had, it seems like it doesn't matter, because I'm still young and there's so much yet to learn. I wish that regardless of age, when you see something that isn't right, that you could stand up to it and say something instead of watching as someone gets treated wrongfully. It's nothing serious, but I hate seeing people who are mistreated because of status, and even more so because of age. No one is superior to the other. Each person has their own set of unique experiences, some are just waiting to be given the chance to prove themselves. Once you start acting like you're better than the other person, you've lost about ten years and you need to start over, because you didn't get the message right in the first place. That's how I feel, and I know I have no clue about certain things and there's so much that I need to put into practice. However, I know for fact, you should never treat your neighbor with disdain.

Sometimes it does seem, the more you try to fight against something, the harder it gets.
I have no idea what kind of growth I'm going to experience but I know that I welcome it. I'm a completely flawed human being. I know I will never be perfect, at least I can strive to be an embodiment of Love. That's what I really want.

Comments

Popular Posts