then she found me

It's complex, and not what you expect. A coming of age story about letting go of the things you want in order to be ready to accept the things that were meant for you. Then She Found Me starring Helen Hunt, Colin Firth, Bette Midler and Matthew Broderick is a story about a woman coming to terms with life. It's poignant and beautiful, something I'll probably watch a few times.




Here's my favorite part:


April Epner: I know what I did to you, to you in particular. Kinda worst nightmare kind of thing, right? I knew that. Even at the time I knew that. 
Frank: What else? 
April Epner: I'll do it again, I will, I'll hurt you again and again. Not like that, you'd have to leave me if I hurt you like that. If we were together you would leave me if I hurt you like that again, wouldn't you? 
Frank: Yes. Yes, I would. 
April Epner: Good. But I'll hurt you in other ways, little ways, I won't mean to but I will. And sometimes I will mean to. 
Frank: This is quite an offer you've worked out. 
April Epner: You'll hurt me too, you know. You'll hurt me and change on me, you might even leave me after you promise you won't, how about that? 
Frank: I wouldn't. 
April Epner: But you might. 
Frank: But I wouldn't. 
April Epner: But... you might. 
Frank: Yeah, I guess I might. 


Yeah, I guess you might.

Comments

Popular Posts