on days like this




On days like this, I long for the sea. I imagine the sand between my toes as I walk along, gazing at the endless blue, wandering on the shore with no destination in mind. I would sit down on the sand and gaze at the waves, watching them roll, tumble and find their way to the beach. I would let the wind play with my hair and breathe in the salty air.

 At some point, I would dip my feet into the water and feel them sink into the sand. I would wade in and continue to watch as the waves grow. There is something about the sea. I like to think of its depths and how it may very well bury our fears, hide it down in the darkest part of its waters. Maybe if the water was warm enough, I would dive. Close my eyes tight and listen to the beating of my heart.



Comments

Popular Posts