polish the stars


About two weeks ago I met up with a dear old friend and we went walking through Vila Madalena. It's a neighboorhood to the south of São Paulo. I had never been there before, which was a nice little adventure. I love walking with Sarah because we always have something to talk about and we always enjoy the same kinds of movies, tv shows and music.



There are a lot hills in this neighborhood, which reminded me once again how huge São Paulo is. I especially loved the alleyways with random graffitti.



I couldn't write a post about Sarah without citing some sort of poetry so here it goes:



“Somebody has to go polish the stars,
They're looking a little bit dull.
Somebody has to go polish the stars,
For the eagles and starlings and gulls
Have all been complaining they're tarnished and worn,
They say they want new ones we cannot afford.
So please get your rags
And your polishing jars,
Somebody has to go polish the stars.”

- Shel Silverstein, A Light in the Attic


Comments

  1. I love you Aline, this is beautiful. I love spending time with you, always <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts