I'm nobody, who are you?

I realize how much I've grown when I spend time with old friends here in São Paulo. Two years ago I would have been very quiet and not take much part in the conversation, observe and keep comments to myself. I felt that being "invisible" would make that weird feeling of being "a fish out of water" go away.


I don't know if anyone has ever went through this, but it's strange. As I look back, I realize that it was a type of culture shock, being back in my home country. Everything is way too different from the world you have known before, so you don't feel completely yourself.
I am glad some people stuck to me and saw across that. Friendships become precious and worth fighting for even despite distances.

"I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.
How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!"

Emily Dickinson.

Comments

Popular Posts