the balloonman and I

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman
whistles far and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring
when the world is puddle-wonderful
the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
it's
spring
and
the
goat-footed
balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

e.e. cummings

I have this picture in my mind of a little balloonman... flying away everytime I read this poem. I know it's not only about the balloonman, but I am fascinated by him. Why, you ask?

The fact that he is a balloon man is reason enough! To be associated with balloons is pure joy! Have you ever been to a children's party that did not have balloons? Kids grab onto these colorful balls, pretend they're flying, sit on them and are completely amused by something so simple. So am I... I love grabbing balloons and just imagining that it was filled with enough helium for me to take a little trip up to the sky.

Secondly, he's whistling. What a jolly balloonman he is! Not only does he have the essential: a balloon; he whistles!

Whistle, whistle. This poem just overalls makes me want to do a little jig. Because whenever I hear the word wee ... it just makes me want to jiggle.

If you haven't noticed.. this is a very silly blog.

Good night.

Comments

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts