come on, skinny love.

You know when you want something so bad that sometimes you just lost all sense of reality? You're so focused on that one thing, that everything seems bleak and depressing if you don't get it?

I sometimes feel that way about love. It seems like something beyond my grasp: when I get close enough to reach it, it's snatched away from me. The closest I felt to love was when I was sixteen and ever since then I've been trying to get back to it. It's a wonderful feeling! Love is so completely selfless. All you think about is the other person, how to make them happy, how to be there for them, how to love them even when you don't like something you see.. It's an irrational feeling, so completely against our nature as humans.

I guess I want that kind of love. Unconditional love. I want to feel completely selfless and vulnerable, as scary as that sounds.

Than out of nowhere, I recieve a reality check and I realize... that in time, love will come. What I need to focus is to feel and express the love that is shown to me everyday.. that kind that only comes from Jesus. It's a relationship I'm constantly working on... and it's the most rewarding, even if at times it feels like nothing comes from it.

That's love everlasting.

Comments

Popular Posts