A Suitcase Song


This past weekend was pretty incredible.

My friend Ashley came to visit me here in Brazil and I was just so happy having someone who knew me.. for more than a year.. ha. We had so many little adventures.. it was great!

here's our song for her trip here, the lyrics are perfect:

the day I lost my voice [a suitcase song]

It's sure as the floor 'neath my toes
And somehow not surprised
That I was superimposed, somehow in this life
And if my friends and my foes would just drop me a line, it'd be nice.

You see love is a drink that goes straight to my head
And time is a lover and I'm caught in her stare
And the sentiment there follows me straight to my bed through the night

[chorus]
I've got my life in a suitcase,
I'm ready to run, run, run away..
I've got no time, 'cause I'm always trying to run, run, run away
'Cause everyday in here feels like it's only a game.
I've got my life in a suitcase, a suitcase, a suitcase...

What could be an anchor here, with a storm on the rise,
When you never meant to see so clear, when smoke gets in your eyes
And the men in the moon never makes his replies
Understood

[chorus]

For a moment I was one man and the world made sense
For a moment in this storm made of consequence

[chorus]

- copeland

and I will add little blurbs throughout this week, as I think of them.

Comments

Popular Posts