There Could Have Been No Two Hearts So Open

You know things are pretty bad when you can't remember the last time you had ice cream. That has changed for me! After a long day of trekking through a particular dreary day in the city, I was able to have a bit of chocolate chip mint ice cream. Hmm, it makes me happy just thinking of it going through my system.
I'm officially out of my old job and now I'm currently looking for a substitute.

The best part of today was getting a chance to snuggle in my bed with one of my favorite books, Persuasion. It's probably Jane Austen's best book, but however I do often battle between Persuasion and Mansfield Park. I think I enjoy reading so much because it gives me the chance to fall asleep while reading. I often get drowsy, being wrapped in a cocoon by my blankets, and I am not resistant when sleep takes over me.

I am haunted by Anne Elliot. I see so much of her in me, a lot of the same characteristics, but especially in the way she loved. She still loved after eight years. I thought that time could heal and help you forget but sometimes it just buries what is ready to come out again, when given the chance.

I think the best part though, is the forgiveness. I remember vaguely a quote by Mark Twain where he compares forgiveness to a violet that has just been stepped on. Even as the violet has lost it's form and beauty, after being stepped on, it releases a sweet fragrance. I think it's a perfect way to describe forgiveness. I know that forgiveness doesn't come easy, but when you let yourself forgive, it's like smelling that violet after it has been stepped on. It's fragile, but it's just as beautiful because of what it left behind.
Maybe someday I'll write a story just as beautiful as this one, but of my own. But I think this is quite enough for today.
Good night.

"All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."

Anne to Captain Harville. Persuasion, volume 2, chapter 11

Comments

  1. I too am looking for a job. I just take each day as an opportunity to do something new and fun - whatever that may be. Love Austen's work, she is very inspirational. Enjoy your cozy day and thanks for the comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts