Conversation 1

"Love, for me, has nothing to do with my feelings."
"What do you mean?"
"It's all about the person who has witnessed me through all the different periods in my life and still happens to be there at the end of the day."
"What about passion? The way someone makes you feel, when they walk the room. The sensation that no one will ever make you feel that way again.."
She glanced at him, not sure he understood. She was talking about him, but he didn't seem to grasp it. She looked straight at him and answered,
"Those are fleeting things, that pass away in a second. It's what is left behind after those feelings, that is the most meaningful. Those things, you know that you can depend upon."
"And what is that?"
"Friendship. Loyalty. Perseverance."
"Those are characteristics that come with those feelings."
"Yes, but they're the only ones that last."
"How can you live this way? Such a miserable perspective on love!"
"No, it's just realistic. I don't sit, waiting that someday a prince will come and sweep me off my feet. Quite frankly, I'm sure those types of princes wouldn't know anything about loving. Besides, I have someone who has seen me through everything. Someone I see as my companion, someone I love dearly, but at the same time, I know that I can live without."
"Who is it?"
"You."

Comments

  1. I'm back! I have missed your lovely blog and writing - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful.....did you write it?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts