I Know I'm Filled to be Emptied Again



Today, an unsucccessful work day, turned to a very much needed exploring day. I went to a second hand bookstore that had its own mascot. I was browsing through the CDs and when I turned to glimpse at the door, I saw a brown spotted cat at the door. It was sort of magical, like the bookstore had a guardian. I was excited to find a lot of blues and jazz CDs, especialy Ray Charles and Ella Fitzgerald, but they were way too expensive for being used.

Everything is going really well in my life lately, but I feel that something is missing. Ever had that feeling? It goes to show, that sometimes if you have no sense of direction in your life, it's like your heart has its own alarm to set off, to get you to start looking for the right direction.
I picked up a book called The Bookseller of Cabul by Åsne Seierstad. She's a Norwegian journalist who has written about her experiences in several war-torn areas such as Iraq, Chechnya, the Balkans, and Afghanistan. I've already started reading and was captured by the way she weaved all the people she talked to, into a story. It's hard to imagine what people go through, but she seems to grasp the history and the culture involved into what these people have experienced. I can't wait to read her other books...
That's what I want to do with my life.. something just as amazing. At times I wonder how I will come to do something like that, when I can't even decide what I want to study. I know I'll get there, just by living. Does that make sense? I'm sure it doesn't, but that's ok! : )

Comments

Popular Posts