enough of me.


I'm currently in the process of writing a new post, however, I would like some of your opinions.

What do you think of this following statement?

"I have come to have the firm conviction that vanity is the basis of everything, and finally that what one calls conscience is only inner vanity."

Gustav Flaubert


Estou escrevendo um novo post e gostaria de saber a sua opinião.
O que você acha da seguinte frase?

"Eu tenho chegado na firme convicção que vaidade é a base de tudo e que finalmente, que aquilo que chamamos de consciência é apenas nossa vaidade íntima."

Gustav Flaubert

Comments

  1. I think that Mr. Flaubert is not the only one to come to that conclusion. I think many people would be surprised to realize how many of their actions are motivated by vanity or pride. Seemingly selfless things are often done to look good, whether consciously or not. Everyone wants to be special, which is accomplished in the mind by holding oneself up and putting others down. Humans have a unique desire for individuality. If only we could be a bunch of drone bees, each one of us a part of the group, never self-conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very true that society functions on vanity and thrives on it. That's how products are sold, ads are developed, celebrities are famous. I try very hard everyday to focus on being happy with myself and not desiring after things I don't have. I try to keep my vanity in check.

    Hugs,

    Bug
    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts