draga

It doesn't seem that long ago
That we used to swing in the park
Passing to and fro our black currant ice tea
I close my eyes and feel the smell
Of freshly cut grass and sunshine hair

We attempted to understand the world around us
And felt comfortably secure
That no one could get to us
In our beautifully made up bubble
Where we could be what we wanted to be

It doesn't seem that long ago
That we used to take long walks
And watch as the sun dipped its pink slippers
into the clouds
We'd laugh and also cry

Because we knew it'd always be the same
Yet we kept hoping there'd be change

We attempted to grasp at golden rays
Almost touching it's scolding arms
With our feet swinging high up

As I try to grasp something passed
I imagine myself in a time travelling machine
Just so we could be dreaming again.

Comments

Popular Posts