take these shoes



You find yourself in a place, and you're not quite sure how you got there. I find myself feeling like that in so many instances of my day. Do you remember, as a child, trying to fit into your parent's shoes? Girls would try on their mama's heels and the boys would try to fit into their father's big church shoes.
They never quite fit, did they? They were always a tad too bit, and you felt the space between your feet and the tip of the shoe. Sometimes I feel I'm walking around with shoes that are too big for me, and I'm trying to fill them up and prove that I'm meant to wear those shoes.
I don't know what I want to prove! To be honest, I know that I want to do something that is beyond any of my dreams and most of the time I feel that endless gap between my toes and the shoe that I'm constantly trying to fill in. People keep trying to give me different pairs, and I try them to be polite and receptive to what they think I should be wearing, but it never quite fits. Then I go back to what I was wearing and there's still that huge gap.
Maybe my feet are still growing?
Whatever it is, I know that I want to do something more with my life than what I'm planning. Which makes it all the more exciting and all the more frightening.

"Take these shoes
Click clacking down some dead end street
Take these shoes
And make them fit."

U2, Yahweh

Comments

Popular Posts