when you drink from the nile...

I am pretty sure the mosquitoes are going to eat me alive, but at least there is a full moon in Alexandria tonight. Yes, I am in Egypt! At times, it almost seems unreal, until I see a sign that is written completely in Arabic. Those beautiful letters that make everything look so mysterious and intriguing. I would have never imagined that I would spend time in this part of the world.
I have a strange connection to the moon and it makes me really happy that it's full tonight. Sometimes it seems to hold so much promise and it lightens the already darkened sky. I couldn't sleep, but it's already my birthday...
I am 22 years old.
This year went as slowly as it could, but at the same time I still remember February, and when I decided to move to Santiago, Chile.

 I haven't regretted my decision.

I am looking forward to the next two weeks and all the things I am going to see and experience. So far, I am so fascinated by the world here. I can't wait to take pictures and listen to more of this language that has so many "haah" sounds.
Shokran.

Comments

Popular Posts