far away, somewhere

Far away, I see deserts, a man in a turban gathering water, and a little boy playing with a stick on the ground. He's drawing something, but his movements are too fast for anyone to see what is forming.
I step closer to look at what the child is writing, then I notice it. I look down at my feet and I'm wearing a burqa. How had I not noticed that before? It covers my whole body. That's why I can't see the child very well, there is a veil keeping my view limited. 


As if in a dream, I couldn't look up or down. I could only look straight ahead, it was even impossible to look to the right.



I took tentative steps, but I could only look straight ahead. There was no possible way I could look back, and by that time the kid had vanished.

I'm not sure what this dream meant  as I woke up,
but there are days were wanderlust bites hard.

Comments

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing what you think, don't be shy :)
and I hope you have a lovely day!

Popular Posts