time continuum

Has anyone watched the Flash? About a month ago, I decided to watch it, I'm not sure why. I had never been interested in the Flash, I remember watching the Justice League cartoons on TV when I was younger, but I never cared for him. I always remembered him as being overconfident. Once I started, I coudn't stop. I was relieved that it had two seasons, because I kept thinking, at least I won't have to wait long to know what is going to happen. (I have this weird thing about endings. I prefer knowing what is going to happen. I'm one of those few people who don't care about spoilers) I was fascinated mainly about his ability to time travel. I find it awesome that he could choose to change something he didn't like. Anyways, we know, with great power comes great responsability, and you never want to mess up the time continuum.
I have always wished it was possible to have this ability. At least to be allowed to see what would have happened if our choices had been different. Sometimes, just before I go to sleep, I pray (half-jokingly) that I would be able to wake up and see what my life would have been like if I had, for example, not moved so much. I think it's the curiosity inside of me. I have learned that, the decisions I've made have shaped me into the person I am, but at the same time it would be nice to know what would have happened if I had done something diffrently. I would probably take a peek at my other life, that other timeline (he he) and then come back and be a wiser person. 
Since this is not possible, I take heart in one of my favorite C.S Lewis quotes, “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." It helps on those sleepless nights, where I often think about my regrets, or I feel particularly sad. 
Nonetheless, I can't wait for the next season of Flash to come out. 

Comments

Popular Posts